Last revision: June 1st, 2019
CIK has committed all of our customers to protect our Customer Privacy.
To protect our customers’ personal information, we are taking all reasonable steps to make sure those information is stored safe and secure to fully comply with all Canadian privacy laws and regulations.
Further information about how CIK collects, uses, and discloses your personal and account information can be found online at .
All of policies and procedure related to Privacy are approved by our CEO.
CIK Quality control department (QC) is looking at the privacy compliance. QC department is monitoring the daily operation including collection, use, and disclosure of customers’ personal information.
Why does CIK collect customer personal information?
In order to provide our product and service to you, we need to collect and use account and your personal information to help CIK manage our business operations for the following reasons:
· To deliver you the products and services you purchased from us, and bill you and collect payment for those products and services.
· To understand your needs and make customized information available regarding other products and services offered by CIK and our agents, dealers and related companies, or trusted third parties that may be of interest to you.
· To provide tailored service to you.
· To perform analytics, administer surveys, or request feedback to improve and manage our relationship with you.
· To ensure CIK network is functioning and protect the integrity of our network.
· To confirm or authenticate your identity and ensure your information is correct and up-to-date.
· To comply with legal obligations and regulatory requirements.
We will also collect information from third-party credit agencies or other CIK’ companies and affiliates, to manage credit and business risks; collect an outstanding debt; detect, prevent, manage, and investigate fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
We may also collect personal and account information about you to evaluate your eligibility for other CIK’ products and services, and to assist other CIK companies or affiliates, to assess your eligibility for their products or services.
We may also collect personal information about you for other purposes from time-to-time, or as permitted or required by law. We will always identify any additional purpose prior to or at the time of collection.
How does CIK obtain your consent?
By sign up and using CIK product and service, by default you have given us your consent to the collection, use, or disclosure of your account and personal information may be implied or express, through written, oral, electronic or any other method.
However you may make your own decision to withhold such consent which means we may not be able to continue providing your certain products and services.
What can CIK do with my account and personal information?
CIK will only use your account and personal information for the purpose for which it was collected. For example, we may use your information in the following ways:
· To contact you in order to provide technical support or update for the billing or notice;
· To offer you products and services from other CIK’ companies or trusted parties that we think you may find attractive.
· To provide geo-location services that will send you offers and promotions from carefully chosen third parties based on your current and historical personal location information.
· To allow other CIK’ companies, to directly provide you offers about their products and services.
When will CIK disclose Your information?
In general, we would need your consent or pursuant to a legal power to disclose your information to authorized party only.
Typically, we will not disclose your information in following scenario:
· Any person or organization contacts us to request your account or personal information on behalf of you but without your formal authorization in writing;
· Any person contacts us requesting your account and/or personal information claiming from a Legal Authority without identification;
· Any third party claims Copyright infringement and requests your account and personal information based on the IP address provided with time and date.
· We will not provide your account and personal information to other governments and its agencies other than Canada;
We will only disclose your personal information to organizations outside the CIK organization without your consent in the following limited circumstances:
· To a person who, in our reasonable judgement, is seeking the information as your agent with proper authorization in writing.
· To another telephone company, for the purpose of porting in&out phone number.
· To a company involved in supplying phone directory-related services such yellow page or white page.
· To a service provider or other agent retained by us, such as a credit reporting agency, for account management, the collection of past due bills on your account, or to evaluate your creditworthiness.
· To a service provider or third party that is performing administrative functions for us to manage our customer accounts.
· To another organization for fraud prevention, detection or investigation if seeking consent from you would compromise the investigation.
· To a law enforcement agency whenever we have reasonable grounds to believe that you have knowingly supplied us with false or misleading information or are otherwise involved in unlawful activities.
· To a public authority or agent of a public authority if it appears that there is imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information.
· To a public authority or agent of a public authority, for emergency public alerting purposes, if a public authority has determined that there is an imminent or unfolding danger that threatens the life, health or security of an individual and that the danger could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information.
· To a third party who may be interested in buying CIK assets and personal customer must be shared in order to assess the business transaction.
We will disclose information about your credit behaviour to credit reporting agencies or parties collecting outstanding debt.
Your personal and account information may also be shared with other CIK’ companies or affiliates.
What if I do not agree with the accuracy of my personal information with CIK?
CIK ensures that customer information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You may ask to review the information we have about you at any time. You can challenge its accuracy and completeness and request amendments, as appropriate, by contacting our Customer Relation Department.
How long will CIK retain my personal information?
CIK will only retain your personal or account information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected or for sufficient time to allow you access to the information if it was used to make a decision about you or your account. Information that is no longer required by us will be destroyed or deidentified.
Where will my personal information be stored?
Account and personal information about our customers are only stored or processed within our private network isolated from public network in Canada.
How will CIK ensure my personal information is stored safe?
CIK has strict security processes and procedures to ensure customer information is safe from theft, loss or unauthorized access.
CIK has a very strong IT Support team working with inhouse Development team together utilizing all different kinds of software/hardware firewall and systems to ensure all customer information in our possession and control. We only use our private network and do not use public cloud to store any customer information and we also not subcontract to any third party to store our customer information. If in case we may use third party then we ensure that there is a comparable level of protection for information that is processed for us by third parties.
How can I access my personal information kept by CIK?
You can access your personal information kept by us by contacting our Senior Manager by email at or in writing at Jack Don, Customer Relation, CIK Telecom INC, 241 Whitehall drive, Markham, ON, L3R 5G5.
How can I get more information about Canada’s privacy laws?
The Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada oversees CIK’ personal information handling
practices. If your privacy concerns are not addressed to your satisfaction by CIK you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada for further guidance:
By Phone: 1 800 282 1376 or 819 994 5444
By Fax: 819 994 5424
By TTY: 819 994 6591